We've known Al and Rich at Alpine Guides for many years, over which time they have consistently provided a diverse and exciting program of ski touring holidays and alpine mountaineering holidays - we ourselves and many of our customers enjoy skiing and climbing with them each year.
Alpine Guides Ski Program
New for 2018
- Val Stura Ski Tour - day touring and powder skiing in the southern Italian Alps.
- Bodo Ski Touring - day touring along the most scenic coastline in Arctic Norway.
- La Grave Intro Tour - Introductory multiday tour in La Grave and Mont Thabor.
- Family Ski Touring Week - world class ski touring on the Troll Peninsula in Northern Iceland.
- Grand Lui Haute Route - the most challenging version of the legendary Haute Route.
- Greenland Ski Tour - lodge and camp based ski touring in East Greenland.
- Chamonix Backcountry Skiing - an action packed week of off piste and glacier skiing in Chamonix.
- La Grave Backcountry Skiing - backcountry skiing in the legendary freeride mecca of La Grave.
- Haute Maurienne Backcountry Skiing - the best skiing in the Alps, in a place you've never heard of.
- Val Maira Ski Touring - hotel based day touring and powder skiing in the southern Italian Alps.
- Val Claree Ski Tour - day touring and powder skiing in the southern French Alps.
- Queyras Ski Tour - early season ski touring in the Queyras, staying in huts and gites along the way.
- Albula Alps Ski Tour - one of our favourites, a lovely unspoilt touring region in Eastern Switzerland.
- Narvik Ski Tour - longer day tours in Arctic Norway.
- Lofoten Islands Ski Touring - arctic adventures, skiing in the Lofoten Islands.
- Arnoya Island Ski Touring - exploratory ski touring on a remote Arctic Island.
- Senja Island Ski Touring - summit to sea day touring on a remote island in Arctic Norway.
- Tour Soleil Ski Tour - reliable snow, good weather and small friendly huts on the Swiss/Italian border.
- Otztal Ski Tour - skiing in the footsteps of 5000 year old Otzi the Iceman in the Austrian Tyrol.
- Stubai Ski Tour - great North facing descents, ski summits and comfortable Austrian huts.
- Grossvenediger Ski Tour - skiing in the Hohe Tauern National Park in East Tirol
- Haute Route Ski Tour - the most famous ski tour in the world, from Chamonix to Zermatt.
- Silvretta Ski Tour - a lovely relaxed touring region, with great scenery and nice huts.
- Ortler Ski Tour - tour of the Stelvio National Park in NE Italy, with great huts and superb cuisine.
- Gran Paradiso Ski Tour - ski the only 4000m peak entirely within in Italy.
- Ski Touring Course - full training course for those wishing to take up ski touring as a sport.
- Swiss 4000ers Ski Tour - a big weeks ski mountaineering around Saas and Zermatt.
- Iceland Ski Tour - world class ski touring on the Troll Peninsula in Northern Iceland
Alpine Guides Climbing Program
Skills and Training Courses
- Alpine Training Weekend - a weekend of pre season alpine skills training based in North Wales.
- Alpine Essentials Course - 3 day course for uk climbers wanting to climb independently in the Alps.
- Alpine Mountaineering Course - week long course learning alpine mountaineering skills in Chamonix.
- 4000m Peak Climbing Course - learn how to climb in the Alps and bag you first 4000m peak.
- Tech Alpine Climbing Course - technical alpine training for established rock and ice climbers.
- Chamonix Alpine Climbing - top quality alpine climbs around the Mont Blanc range.
- Climbing Mont Blanc - acclimatise on the Gran Paradiso before climbing Mont Blanc.
- Climbing The Matterhorn - acclimatisation program followed by an ascent of the Matterhorn.
- Climbing The Eiger - climb the Eiger via either the South Ridge or Mittellegi Ridge.
- Climb Monte Rosa - Zermatt based week, clmbing the highest peak in Switzerland.
- Bernese Oberland 4000m Peaks - a week climbing big 4000m summits in the Bernese Oberland.
- Italian 4000m Peaks Traverse - the most famous hut to hut climbing tour in the Alps.
- Swiss 4000m Classic Peaks - mid grade 4000m summits around Saas and Zermatt.
- Zermatt 4000m Peaks - a week climbing technical 4000m Peaks around Zermatt.
- Ice and Mixed Climbing - great quality ice and mixed routes in the Mont Blanc Range.
- Alpine North Faces - 1:1 guiding on classic North Faces in the western Alps.
- Winter Alpine Climbing - early season ice and couloir climbing around Chamonix.
- Alpine Private Guiding - personalised courses and private guiding in the European Alps.