The Ultimate hard charging freeride binding.
weight: 2.7KG per pair (2.1 KG in uphill mode)
The Marker Duke PT 16 is a brand new binding design for the 2021 season. Marker has ditched the old Extended Power Frame design of the old Duke and replaced it with hybrid binding technology for ultimate downhill performance.
When skiing you are clipped in as you would be in a conventional alpine binding and they have full alpine binding safety releases, elasticity and ski performance. When skinning, part of the toe piece detaches to reveal a set of pin tech toe pieces giving the zero lift weight and pivot feel of a classic pin touring binding. When skinning the total weight per pair is 2.1KG.
The Marker Duke PT is not a light weight binding when compared to the other bindings in the market and is definitely not the best choice for dedicated ski tourers but the focus on boot retention and performance is something which the real hard chargers and backcountry freestyle skiers will appreciate.
With the removal of the extended power frame and the use of magnesium components throughout the binding, the Duke PT 16 now has an uphill weight of 1050g and a downhill weight of 1350g. Along with a lock and walk brake mode with a neutral and 10° climbing aid means this binding is an absolute beast wherever you take it on the mountain.
- Auto Quad Lock Technology In Ride Mode, toe part locks itself at 4 different points automatically when stepping into the binding
- AFD Gliding Plate - Smooth gliding Anti Friction Device ensures a more effective boot release
- Ride & Hike Toe - Release function combined with pin-technology for strong uphill performance
- Convertible toe -Save 300 g per foot for the uphill
- Inter Pivot 3 Freeride Heel- Magnesium heel housing for outstanding power transmis- sion and energy absorption
- Lock & Walk Brake - brake lock, neutral walking mode and 10° climbing aid
- Sole I.D technology- The binding is 100% compatible with Touring boots, Alpine boots and GripWalk sole
- Magnesium Parts - Magnesium heel housing for superior stability & light weight (Duke PT 16 only)
- Toe Piece - The new multifunction toe piece with ride mode and hike mode, which removes the ride mode to access pins and saves 300g
- Heel Piece - Inter Pivot freeride heel redesigned from the ground up to provide minimal weight for maximum torsional stiffness
- Brake Width - 100mm
- Rider Profile - Touring/Backcountry
- DIN Range - 6-16